The communidades of Chandor, Cavorim and Guirdolim, the components of the parish, jointly built the Nossa Senhora de Belem Church In 1645. The frontispiece however, collapsed on 14 August, 1949. It was re-constructed the following year and blessed on 17 December, 1950. Christianity in Chandor existed much before the construction of the Church. Chandor was an extension of the parish of Curtorim. The parish priest of Curtorim would celebrate Mass at the Chapel of Sao Tiago, which was dedicated to Saint James the Apostle and built in 1604.